What does Ethiopian commercial law say about guardians?
Addis Ababa 22/05/2023 (Motri) Ethiopian Commercial Law Proclamation No. 1243/2013 Chapter Three from Article 11 to 13 stipulates the following
1. A person who is a guardian cannot do business in the name of a minor;
2. If a commercial enterprise is found in the wealth of a minor, whether the guardian is authorized to continue the commercial enterprise will be based on the relevant law.
3. The provisions of sub-paragraphs 1 and 2 of this article are also applicable to the guardian of a person who is prohibited by court.
4. According to the relevant law, a minor who is freed from guardianship can do business;
5. If a minor working in business enters himself in the commercial register as an adult, he cannot be used as an argument against third parties as a minor.